8 tips to strengthen your immune system this winter
Written by Mark Coles - Follow on Google+ | Facebook | Twitter
Each winter, we hear from people who are complaining of colds or flu like symptoms. They ask what they should be doing to stop colds coming on or how to treat the one that they have. If you don’t think anything can be done to help prevent colds and the flu, think again.
Most people take their bodies for granted. They push themselves every day, and before they know it, they’re exhausted, stressed, and getting closer to illness.
If you want to keep illness at bay, you need to respect your immune system. The immune system is your primary defence system, and it is made up of cells, tissues and organs. Pushing your body by overworking it and limiting nutrients, lowers its ability to keep you healthy and strong. As your body’s defences weaken, you leave yourself wide open to infections and illness.
The way that we help clients to steer away from anything like this, is by respecting areas such as nutrition quality and quantity, digestion, sleep, stress and by also taking time to relax.
Here are some key tips to help you to keep on top of your immune sytem,
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water per day
2. Have a protein source with every meal
3. Eat a wide range of vegetables with at least 3 meals per day
4. Focus on getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night
5. Exercise for at least 30 to 45 minutes 3 or 4 times per week
6. Supplement with at least 5000 iu of Vitamin D3 per day during winter
7. Use a multi vitamin supplement
8. Use a high quality probiotic supplement in the evening.
Would you like to pick up more of our advice and tips to help you with your health and fitness goals? Pick up a copy of the M10 Blueprint today.